Sunday, April 13, 2014

Living in a 700 sq. ft."small" home

I love the "tiny home" movement and as many of you know I am in the process of designing a series of them myself.  I also know that "tiny home" living is not for everyone.  

The home to the right is not classified as a "tiny home" but it is certainly a small home.  

I have lived in several 700 sq. ft. homes and they "felt" small and didn't even come close to meeting my living needs. 

This home with its 704 sq. ft. of modern conveniences makes a grand statement.  Even though I have never been inside of it, the pictures presented of the volume ceilings and expansive use of windows gives this home a very spacious feel.  

Not only does it have a great floorplan, maximizing the space it has, the owners are also being environmentally conscious by building on a much smaller than normal size lot - by choice. They capture rain water for their landscaping needs, and have planted green roofs on their sheds.  

I think I  would love living in this sunny and space conscious home.Take a peak at the original article on this home, and let me know what you think.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/01/23/garden/freedom-in-704-square-feet.html?_r=0#

___________________________________________

Linda Quiggle is a licensed REALTOR and can be reached at 806-355-9601.  Prudential, Ada REALTORS is an independently owned and operated member of Prudential Real Estate Affiliates, Inc., a Prudential company, an Equal Housing Opportunity.

findinghomesforaqueen@gmail.com

Follow her team on www.homesofamarillo.info

No comments:

Post a Comment