"Micro" can include anything from a pimped out "Tear Drop" trailer to a shed, a treehouse, or van camping. It is really "micro" in size, but still meant to at least sleep and eat in.
"Tiny" includes a couple of distinctions, those on wheels and those on a permanent foundation.
- "T.H.O.W. is a tiny house on wheels. These can be structures built with traditional building materials, or they can be house-trucks, buses, or any other driveable or towable device that has had a conversion and are meant to be lived in.
- A standard "Tiny House" would be any "Tiny" structure built on some type of permanent foundation, and typically no larger than 500 sq. ft.
- Larger than a tiny home and smaller than the traditional small single family residence of 1,000 sq.ft.
- Can include apartments and condos
- Can be cottages
- Can be container homes
- Can be cob design
- Can be dome structures
- And yes, it can even be a Yurt.
Hope you feel better prepared to have a discussion about "tiny homes". Keep looking. Keep Learning. Live small on purpose.
Also Follow Linda Quiggle on: